Discovery II Diamond Core Drill
Sunrise Drilling helicopter portable diamond drills also have the flexibility of a skid mounted module. These rigs are capable of deep drilling to 5,600’ (1,700m) at 100% efficiency, while remaining in light weight modules. This new upgraded fleet was built in 2012, and utilizes components that are readily available in Canada. This proven Canadian design has operated in harsh environments with sustained productivity, durability and reliability.
– Based on 100% efficiency
– B size rod: 1,887 m (6,190 ft.)
– N size rod: 1,468 m (4,814 ft.)
– H size rod: 932 m (3,058 ft.)
– Modular for helicopter
– Skid mount module
– Heaviest module – 1,650 lbs (750kg)
– B20 variable speed / torque head
– 2 mast module/28,000 lbs pull back / 6ft (1.82m) stroke
– Synchronized head / foot clamp chucks / 28,000 lbs hold.
– Max rod / casing diameter 3.5” (HQ)
– Engine Power 173hp
– High pressure pump for continuous duty
Hornet MPP Reverse Circulation (“RC”) light weight modular rig
Sunrise Drilling helicopter portable RC drills also have the flexibility of a skid mounted module. This rig can be transported by both helicopter (Hughes 500) and light fixed wing aircraft (Twin Otter airplane). The quick set up time and powerful feed system has made the Hornet the premier RC drilling system for reconnaissance drilling across Canada. This proven Canadian design has operated in harsh environments with sustained productivity, durability and reliability.
RC drillrigs can be utilized for drilling in component and fractured ground conditions. Light weight rigs can drill to 300 meters and heavy duty mounted rigs drill can drill to approximately 700 meters.